For this rather special programme, we will be joined by internationally recognised cellist, Matthew Sharp (‘an extraordinary cellist – charismatic, virtuosic, brimming with verve and poetry.’ – The Times) to perform an evening of pieces composed specifically for choir and cello.
Pieces are all from within the last century and range from Arensky’s gentle, melodic Quartets to O’Regan’s exhilarating take on the traditional “Mag & Nunc” to Tavener’s solemn, moving Slavonic-inspired Svyati.
For more information about Matthew and the concert read Jess Griffin’s article here.
- Anton Arensky – Three quartets (op 57) (sung in Russian)
- Tarik O’Regan – Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis: Variations For Choir
- Richard Allain – Night
- Frank Ferko – Lord, let at last Thine angels come
- Sollima – Lamentatio (solo cello)
- Ola Gjeilo – O Magnum Mysterium
- Richard Rodney-Bennett – A Farewell to arms
- John Tavener – Svyati (sung in Slavonic)
Date(s) - 08/07/2017
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm